Thursday, February 1, 2007

Fish On! Fish On! Fish On! Fish On!

The wind was right so we took flight bound northeast to Rum Cay. Rounding Cape Santa Maria with lures in the water I was optimistic seeing all the squally weather about. Most sailors stay in harbor during inclement weather saving perfect sunny days to make passages. We find the fishing is best on “crappy” days and who wants to be wasting the day away inside and anchored?
Fish On! Not another Barracuda I hope. He dives deep so we don’t know what we have. Bringing it closer to the boat we are surprised to see a fabulous Black Fin Tuna! 25 pounds of fun! I set out to bleed him out and filet him when I hear Sabrina scream, “Fish on!” again. And so it went for the entire passage, I remained on the transom bringing aboard and filleting 5 huge tuna. I did not have a chance to look up from my fish station until we were paralleling the beach of the Rum Cay anchorage with a freezer full of food from the sea. Angie has the best marinade for tuna and we ate a belly full before turning in for the night!

No comments: